What illness is this?

Thank you for continuing to follow her progress. I wanted to do a necropsy on the last one but hubby refused (oddly enough, since he eviscerates all our meat birds and turkey) because he said we wouldn't know what to look for. He just dug a hole.

She's still passing huge amounts of water with urine and grit in it. Eating and drinking normally. She has not laid an egg in a week. My garage is disgusting and my husband hates me for keeping her alive. He wants me to cull all our old birds that don't lay, but I broke the cardinal rule and named them. Now they're pets. While she isn't old by any means, she obviously isn't laying and who knows if she'll recover.

I named her "Sweetie".

Sweetie passed away during the night. She'd been eating and drinking up until the end. Yesterday she was walking around the yard eating grass. Toward the end of the day, I went out and got her and brought her back to the garage so she had shelter for the night. She walked into the garage without difficulty. I fully expected to see her walking around this morning and hear her cluck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom