what in tarnation is this?!?! SHES STUMPING THE PROS! (pic)

I will be using this d'uccle to try to stick to the same color

pond018.jpg

I say there is OEGB in there. I have some OEGB/bantam cochin that body type look like her with the feathered feet and pretty head.

Quote:
barnie.gif
well i have a red bantam cochin hen, and i have a OEGB rooster, and i have a d'uccle rooster. SOOOOOOOOOOO i can figure this out one way or the other.

LOL. Dont forget i didnt hatch her out! I bought her from someone who doesnt know what she is

he'll be a good match! he's gold neck pattern. gold neck is to mille fluer what red pyle is to a b.b. red, follow? you can go two ways with the future breedings -towards the d'uccle side, or work on a line of red pyle or gold neck booted bantams (clean faced bantams recognized as a seperate breed by the d'uccle club).
cool.png

Quote:

Quote:

Well if i breed her to the d'uccle in that picture, will i get more of her? Or do i need to do it the other way around and get a d'uccle hen?

bred to him the first time out you'll get all stuff with beards of some sort. possibly some will be spangled like him. if you really want to make more exactly like her find a bb red or silver duckwing booted bantam roo to breed her to. other then that you'll have to back-breed some offspring to her.

Ok, I saw a pic of someone's Belgian D'anvers roo yesterday, and I can't find it now, but it was sooooooooo close, save the feathered legs and feet...perhaps a BYC search will find it...but that's really something that look like it could be in there.

Other than the feathered legs, she does appear to be an oegb. There are people working on a booted oegb.

ETA: Just looked at the pic again, are her earlobes white?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom