What in the world is this??

Just got done worming them! They all did quite well, though the littles were very squirmy. Even the rooster was okay, but he hated me picking him up, and I quickly realized I couldn’t put him on my leg, as I’d done with the others. But one day done, and I just need to mark my calendar for the next! And figure out what to do until a reasonable time of day 😅 It’s five am here.

Just got done worming them! They all did quite well, though the littles were very squirmy. Even the rooster was okay, but he hated me picking him up, and I quickly realized I couldn’t put him on my leg, as I’d done with the others. But one day done, and I just need to mark my calendar for the next! And figure out what to do until a reasonable time of day 😅 It’s five am here.
Good job Abs!

I gave them their second dose about a week ago, ten days after I gave them the first one. My family and I have been eating the eggs, and we're all okay, which is good. No side effects from the medicine or anything. The second worming went much quicker, even though I forgot to set my alarm, so I woke up when it was already getting light. All done now though!

Should I worm my chickens on a schedule, or just when they show signs of worms? My climate is very dry, but they're kept on the same ground all the time, except for a little free ranging at dusk.

Back
Top Bottom