What in the world is wrong with me?

Last post on this thread, I hope.... got the stent out last night with no problems at all. Didn't hurt, just felt weird as it was coming out. Now I feel sooooooo much better. Evidently the pain and discomfort I was feeling all week was from the stent, and now it's out. Yeah!
wee.gif

Ok, so I need to post on this thread again....

Just got back from my follow up appointment with my urologist and I just have to make a little announcement.

I have done the Atkins diet a couple of times over the past 5 years and I noticed each time that my kidneys would start hurting, to the point that I quit the diet each time due to the pain. I (wrongly) thought that it was the Splenda I was using while I was doing Atkins, but my urologist called Atkins "the kidney stone diet" today. For those of us who are prone to kidney stones, the high protein diets (that really work) are BAD, BAD, BAD for us!
sad.png

Also, tea is the worst thing to drink and lemonade is the best, next to water of course. The main thing he said is to drink a lot and stay well hydrated. I'm very guilty of not drinking much, I'm just not a very thirsty person. That will change though. Knowing I have a 1mm stone in my kidney right now, and that what I eat and drink can possibly make it get to the size of the 10mm one I just had to have surgery for... well, you'd better believe I'll follow the doctor's orders! I'm too afraid not to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even 42 yet but I think I'm officially falling apart, at least my right side is
roll.png

Got a phone call from my family physician's office today while I was out. The doctor's nurse left a message saying that she had scheduled me (per doctor's orders) for a CT for tomorrow to take another look at my thyroid gland, which has a large lump on the right side of it.
So let's see... on 2/16 I had a CT of my kidneys, on 3/5 I had an ultrasound of my thyroid, on 3/11 I have to have a CT of my thyroid, and on 6/12 I have to have an ultrasound of my right kidney. All I can say is THANK GOD we still have insurance!

I had my CT scan done today. They had to put an IV in my arm so they could use dye during it. That stuff really heats you up on the inside! I talked to my doctor's nurse this morning - she had left a message yesterday saying she had already scheduled the appointment for me - and asked her what exactly my doctor was looking for since he had said my thyroid ultrasound was normal. She said that the lump is outside of the thyroid, which is why he ordered the CT scan. Now it's a wait and see as to what that reveals... hopefully nothing.
hmm.png

Thank you, Debi. Just got a call from the doctor's office. The radiologist said he saw a lesion on one of the lobes of my thyroid gland and wanted me to have an ultrasound done of it. My doctor said that since I've already had an ultrasound done of it, and since there is a discrepancy between the ultrasound and the CT scan results, he wants me to see an endocrinologist. They're making the appointment now. What the heck is this thing?
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom