What in the world is wrong with me?

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
What is going on with my body? I'm having all these weird things happening, things that don't make any sense. Such as:

Friday, got up with a headache and tummy not feeling so great, fatigue got the best of me in the early afternoon so I spent the rest of the day on the couch. By the early evening I was having to pee about every hour, which is not like me at all. No pain, just had to go all the time.

Saturday, got up and felt better so I got myself ready and went to work. My bladder felt full quite often so I was going to the bathroom every hour or so once again. Got home from work around 2 and felt pretty good so I did some grocery shopping. That night the bottom fell out with my bladder issue, felt like I had to go about every 15 minutes, so I thought I must have been getting a UTI. Suffered through the evening, went to bed and slept through the night without having to get up to pee during the night.
hmm.png

Sunday morning, bladder urgency was full blown. Still no pain, just the urge to pee all the time... and almost as soon as I'd pee, it would feel like I had a full bladder again. I thought about going to an Urgent Care but we had plans to spend the day with my parents so I decided to go to the drug store and grab some AZO Standard (Max strength) to get me through until this evening when I would be able to go to the UC. While at the drug store I saw that AZO now has UTI testing strips so I grabbed a box of those too. When I tested my urine was negative! What?? I haven't had a UTI in years but I remember that urgency all too well. Anyway, I went ahead and started taking the AZO. I took the recommended 3 doses yesterday. As if my peeing issue wasn't enough, also while at my parents house yesterday, the pointer finger on my right had decided it has a mind of it's own and started moving by itself periodically throughout the day. I would feel this strange feeling in my arm and then if I held my hand up my finger would start moving.
barnie.gif

Okay, got up this morning and my bladder, though full from not going all night, felt fine. I've had ZERO urgency today. UTIs do not clear up on their own, so that test must have been accurate when it said I was negative for a UTI.

My finger is still moving by itself periodically and my arms, especially my right one, feels like they have lead weights attached to them today.

What the heck? I'm only 41 years old but sometimes it feels like I'm 80. Anyone else have a body that is trying to drive them nuts?
he.gif

well..you may have had the beginning of a UTI..and the cranberry in the AZO helped knock it out....as for the other..i'd go see a doc....that def. dosent sound right!...good luck to you!, Wendy

weird. I was like that a few months ago. the urgency to pee was most annoying. I didnt like the feeling when I was pregnant.. really didnt need to revisit it for no obvious reason.
I too downed gallons of cranberry juice "just in case" and it went away just as fast as it came on. My stomach also wasnt "right" during that same time period.

It might all be connected, maybe a virus? As far as the rest of the symptoms go. I would be on the phone with your PCP about them

I get that way half-way through my cycle when I ovulate.. Have to potty like every half hour. NO CRAMPING PAIN, just full bladder, stomach might be a little unsettled.. takes 2-3 days and then it's gone...until next month
barnie.gif

Not sure about the hand situation...
christina

ETA: I tend to have night sweats that time too

Last edited:
Quote:
Really? The thought never even occurred to me. Well, as much as I've been asking the Lord to bring it on, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
lol.png

Oh dear, HenMama,

Be careful, it may be just menopause but it could also be early signs of something more. One of the warning signs of diabetes is frequent urination and fatigue. I don't mean to alarm you, but as a cancer survivor and Graves disease warrior, I have learned the power of listening to my body and having it checked.

If this continues, go see your Dr. Better forearmed than having it be something prolonged. That said, there are several things going around and it is probably nothing to worry about.

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom