What is a good breed of dog?

I am to understand from a dog trainer that it has nothing to do with prey drive but indeed their level of excitability. Most of you know they don't usually eat the chicken afterward---it simply comes to the fact that their excitability level gets raised so high they chase and catch. Maybe that is why some use these big layed back dogs with a low level of excitement....

we have a border collie he seems to like the chicken they do not feel the same.the other day he got into to our brooder room dad forgot to shut door behind him an my girls come running out laughing that jo-jo was sitting in the swimming pool we were brooding about 20 4 week old orps in.he just wanted to hang out with them did not hurt any of them an was out there for prob 30 mins.

I got a dog tonight
wee.gif
Victor is a 9 week old Decker Terrier. He will get to about 40lbs and according to my vet, who I got him from, he will think he's 100lbs. After weeks of hearing stories about what wonderful dogs they are I broke down. Some of you wanted pics, and who can resist puppys?
80433_imgp2991.jpg
80433_imgp2996.jpg
Thank you all for being the greatest group of people anywhere, or maybe I'm just really happy right now
celebrate.gif

He is very cute! I had never heard of a Decker Terrier so I did a search, they seem to be a mix of rat terriers and basenji. They seem like more of a medium sized dog, I didn't see any that were close to 100 lb. Sure seems like a neat breed though
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom