What is a Sliver Solomon chicken?

eggcited2

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Illinois
I was talking chickens today with a lady and she said she raises Silver Solomon. What are those? I tried googling and never really could find out what they are nor what they look like.

I can't help but try to see what any new kind of chicken (new to me) looks like.
lol.png
I go crazy when I read craigslist. I google any and all chickens that I see on there that I read about. Kind of fun to see all the breeds of chickens.

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. Silver duckwing, Salmon, etc... Those are all color patterns. Solomon? Guess she would mean Salmon? Anyway, if she's not sure what she has, I, for one, wouldn't buy from her.

Quote:
just went and checked out he Salmon Faverolles.. wow soooo pretty I will not forget them if I hear someone talking about having some.. they are beautiful .... I hope someone has some at the fairs this year.. I don't care anything about the fair but I cant wait till the chicken shows start...
)O(
Pink

Quote:
She does raise and sell Marans. Maybe that is what she was talking about.

She gave me her website name: http://carolannsmarans.com/

I
didn't know if they were a marans or what, cause she says she sells welsummer also. So didn't know of the silver solomon were maran strain or what.

I am amazed at how many breeds, colors, etc. of chickens there are and love looking and ready about anything new I hear about.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Had not heard of these, so of course had to look them up. Oh my gosh, some of them look so much like the americana rooster that I got and a raccoon killed. I didn't even have him a week before the coon killed it! They sure looked a lot like his color, markings and his beard around his face and the feathers that were on his head and neck. He was beautiful. White base, with red-brownish on his back and some on his wings, streaks of black and dark grey through his white tail feathers and the neck&head feathers, but also some butterscotch streaks in those areas too.

Quote:
She does raise and sell Marans. Maybe that is what she was talking about.

She gave me her website name: http://carolannsmarans.com/

I
didn't know if they were a marans or what, cause she says she sells welsummer also. So didn't know of the silver solomon were maran strain or what.

I am amazed at how many breeds, colors, etc. of chickens there are and love looking and ready about anything new I hear about.
big_smile.png

In the website she says she has Silver Salmons

Back
Top Bottom