1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHAT IS BOB

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenjim1, Sep 10, 2013.

1. chickenjim1

chickenjim1 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2013
    canton GA
    My Coop
    I ORDERED 40 EASTER EGGERS THIS ONE LOOKS A LOT DIFFERENT THAN THE REST
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Looks like male coloring to me.

3. Incukahlan

Incukahlan Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow! I've seen lots of Easter Eggers, and that looks like an Easter Egger, but I've never seen those colors in quite that way. Very different. Because Easter Eggers are a mixed breed, they come in an unlimited combination of colors, so I would assume that it just has unique coloring. It is pretty. And it even has the beard! In the last pic, with the colors like that though it doesn't quite look like a chicken. Lol. I'm sure it's just a unique Easter Egger, again the colors and marking possibilities are endless with these guys from what I've seen. Take care!

4. chickenjim1

Aug 4, 2013
    canton GA
    My Coop
    THANKS HE HAS NO TAIL FEATHERS HERE SOME OF THE OTHERS ALL HAVE BEARDS AND TAIL FEATHERS BOB IS MY FAVORITE I WISH I HAD MORE LIKE HIM WHAT EVER HE IS LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Incukahlan

Incukahlan Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well Easter Eggers were originally spawned from strains of Araucanas for the colored eggs. True Araucanas are rumpless and bearded, so maybe it's just his heritage coming through. Lol. He is very unique though. Love it!

6. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Bob is certainly a unique looking chicken. That is a really different color pattern he has. Do you know how old he is? He really does look like a throwback, I can't decide if he even has the ear tufts to.

7. chickenjim1

Aug 4, 2013
    canton GA
    My Coop
    yes he is 2 1/2 months old

8. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Bob is a very commonly colored Easter Egger cockerel. Many, many EEs are colored just like him. The red on the shoulders is the dead give-away that he's male. He does look like he has Araucana in his background rather than Ameraucana.

Oh, and some friendly advice? When you use ALL CAPS on the internet, it's considered shouting, and rude. Just an FYI, in case you were unaware!

9. chickenjim1

Aug 4, 2013
    canton GA
    My Coop
    sorry about the caps i cant see good caps are bigger lol

10. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Quote:x2 Also, regarding Easter Eggers, they are very mixed genetically, and you can end up with ANY color combination.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by