What is BYC's policy on LGBT threads?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RabbitMage, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    There seems to be some confusion in the wake of current events, so I'd like to know what if any policies the forums have on family-friendly posts about people who are LGBT and their experiences, especially in relation to the rural/homesteading/self-sufficient/chicken-raisin. lifestyle.

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:good question especially since most of us have families and children who want a family friendly forum as well

3. Hoss1975

Hoss1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2011
    north central Indiana
    See here we go again,can't you people just drop it?It's not wanted on here!

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Quote:What excatly is not wanted here?

5. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Quote:If that's true, I'd like to be a clear policy.

6. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:glad to know we're not wanted, including several long time members who have contributed a lot of time and money into this site and are afraid to speak up because of this sort of intolerance

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    We leave a lot of topics open until it is clear that it is not going to stay civil.

We moderate to keep things suitable for all ages, to keep things from becoming inflammatory and to follow the rules.

Some topics cannot stay civil no matter how much moderation time is given to it. It doesn't matter the subject. It could be politics, it could be the color of a feather, it could be too much personal info, it could be a cat story.

The Staff doesn't moderate based on personal feelings. Rob is very clear to us that when moderating, our personal feelings are left at the door and we follow certain and strict guidelines as to how and what we moderate.

When we moderate, we do not explain everything to everyone. Unless it is a totally obvious "duh" type of edit or closure, we contact the OP of the thread and anyone who contributed to the moderation. It is simply no one else's business and we will not discuss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by