What is capable of this!?

ShrekDawg

Chicken Fan Club President
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
Originally I immediately thought “raccoon” and that would be the simple answer except that the can is pulled so far from the house and twisted like that (it’s usually tucked up in that nook facing forward). So then I thought maybe bear? There have been sightings here but not lately but they are around. But a bear would do WAY more damage, right? So now I’m back to raccoons. Are they capable of pulling and twisting the trash can like this? That grey rock at the bottom is usually on top of the can.

IMG_5728.jpeg
IMG_5729.jpeg
IMG_5730.jpeg

I figured it probably was a raccoon (or a few) but wanted to see if there were any other possibilities. I mostly just couldn’t get over the fact they’re strong enough to move the can so far :eek: must be a big, fat raccoon!!! Or a couple of them.

Now I guess the next question is how we secure it better so this doesn’t happen again. Hmmm. I’ll think on that. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

The wind could have knocked it over.
A dog or a raccoon.
Do you see bear claw marks anywhere??
I thought about wind but we didn’t really have any wind last night. I guess it’s still possible though. And no I don’t so I guess that rules that out. I’m thinking raccoon since we don’t really have stray dogs here especially not at night

Back
Top Bottom