What Is Cocci!?

ChickChickChicky!

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
Can anyone explain to me what cocci really is!?!? How do you know when your chick gets cocci? What are symptoms? What is the likely chance of dieing from cocci? Can it spread? How do chickens catch it? Can it be cured?

I know that cocci has to do with blood droppings, but does the chicken JUST POOP blood droppings or is it like once in a while it will poop blood?

I really want to know about this because I'm afraid my chick has cocci. I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for.

THANK YOU!

You may have had trouble searching because you were looking for cocci. In the microbiological world, cocci is usually used in reference to round shaped bacteria, not the protozoa that cause coccidiosis. Cocci is really a slang word in the chicken world.

Thanks for the help but i still want to know about the blood droppings, because its seems like my chick poops it in the morning and then starts pooping normal after a while. And then its starts again. This has been going on for 2 days. ANYWAYS THANKS FOR HELP!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom