What is curly?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Big dreams, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Big dreams

Big dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    This is curly, I have no Idea what kind, but his/her wing feathers kind of curl around, and the tail feathers look separated and poofed out. I am sure someone will know for sure because should be something common, came in a brown egg layer package from MM. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just for your info legs are orange/yellow.

2. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I'm gonna guess a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I've had some chicks with crazy feathers that grew up to have normal feathering. This one at 5 weeks didn't have the smoothest of feathering, but I couldn't tell you who she is now:
    [​IMG]

3. QuailHollow

QuailHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:First thing that came to my mind was Silver Laced Wyandotte. [​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Same here, looks like a Silver-laced Wyandotte!

5. Big dreams

Big dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Oh, that is good they are very pretty, when do they get their real colors? They change so quick when they are young, do they continue changing that quick or will they look the same for awhile and then change? Thank you everyone, ever so helpful for this new to little chickens lady.... oh and my DH has started the coop [​IMG]

6. Jeff9118

Jeff9118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Greenup KY
    I would have to agree as I also thought SLW before even reading the other post.

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    A SLW in the Ugly Teen phase! [​IMG]

The real colors will be very similar to what she has now, but bolder and even prettier. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by