what is DE?

Quote:
Can’t speak for everyone but I can say, we use a LOT of initials on the message forums and for a noob (like me) if you don’t know DE is Diatomaceous earth, how are you going to Google it?
And if you did, how would you know it was the same one they/we were talking about?
For example:
"DE " on Google gets you a Delaware Government site, The John Deer Stock exchange symbol on Yahoo finance, a site in Germany for international broadcasting "Deutsche Welle" , You tube "100 greatest hits in four minutes", the Wikipedia article on "De Facto, and the Dwight-Englewood independent coeducational day school.

Sometimes it just makes more sense to ask.

Hey! Lets look up RIR, GLW and BR on Google next!

My response was meant to be more generalized rather than directed at this one post. As you can see, the question had already been answered prior to my comment. For their answer, they could have easily searched BYC and found the answer, but some are just lazy and want instant gratification, which indeed, clogs up forums such as BYC. And yes, many times over I have seen questions posted in the forum that could have easily been researched by googling.
Most forums actually use moderators to enforce this, because it is very annoying. I have not seen that done on BYC.

Perhaps you did not notice the original poster Beatrixkiddo was a "NEW EGG".

Maybe he/she is having the regular learning curve that is consistent with learning the message board and perhaps even the BYC search engines.

I doubt anybody seeking answers on this forum about their chickens are "lazy" and “seeking instant gratification", and it’s certainly not a very nice thing to suggest .

Warmest Holiday Wishes to You!!!
big_smile.png

I'm going to go look up RIR or BR on Google now. GOOD TIMES!!!

Perhaps...........when you see the subject as "What is DE" and you are an expert like Liamm_1 you could just SKIP OVER the post rather than spend your time belittling the person asking a question?

That's true! I didn't notice the date and was just looking for the information I needed.

I thought Liamm_1 was rude.

Funny thing is..............even though it was a very old post..........YOU still read it and still felt the need to comment?

Back
Top Bottom