What is doing this!?- Know what is doing this see pg. 3 update on coop

OHMIGOSH I dont know butit i caught it id sue him for damage...
lol.png
how ever this is no laughing matter that "thing" we'll call him/her could easly shread a chicken if it can tear through ply wood...

By the looks of it, you have that very soft wood material. One of my chicken coops is made out of the same stuff, so I know how soft it is. A raccoon could definitely tear through that stuff. Maybe not if it was harder wood, but if that's what you're using for the walls, then I wouldn't be surprised if it was a raccoon.

Quote:
It's not plywood. It's a really soft wood material. It's almost like wood pellets compacted into sheets to create flat planks of wood, often used for sheds, etc.

Quote:
Except that's not plywood, it is particle board and once it gets old/wet it tears pretty easily. A coon could easily do that. If it were something bigger, like a bear, the whole thing would be gone.

Looks like coon damage to me. We had neighbors that had a coon invade their house while they were away for the winter. The coon literally tore a hole in a sturdy roof and then through the sheet rock. Looked like a tornado had been in their kitchen.

I had a chicken disappear today -- in broad daylight. I let them out after "laying time" to run since I'm home for the day. Came in for a break and went outside to find a trail of white feathers up by the house next to my car, under a pipe corral, out through a pasture and into the grove. It's not a hawk because it was obviously carried in something's mouth. I followed the trail of feathers but couldn't find any discernible foot tracks -- coon, cat, coyote or fox. We have all in this area, but the only cat that would do this (mine are around chickens and don't bother them) has been here all summer and is fed everyday. Would a coon, coyote or fox come out in daylight by my house? It was a small chicken -- Chicken Little the Calif. White.

Becly

I've seen that before. Let's play scharades. It has a mask that looks like a bandit's, and it has little hands that can dig claw and rip. It also has rabies. Wonder what it could be?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom