What is Fuzzy?

vermontgoldie

Hatching
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Proctorsville, VT

Fuzzy ^^^ - no, the bird ;-)

We decided to take some chicks off a guy's hands who wasn't taking care of them... 4 turned out to be hens, not sure what they are, and one a rooster. They came with his baby ducks to keep them warm and are all that survived.

So what I am trying to figure out is WHAT do you think this guy is? I have spent hours online trying to match him to something...

He is little - at least half the size of the hens he came with of the same age. He is feather legged, and really moves his head when he walks. He just got out his first crow a week ago.

We also have the four hens - two are 1/2 brown, 1/2 white and the other two have big tufts on the sides of their faces pics below... if anyone has an idea. We are fairly new to raising chickens - a little over 2 years now, so we are not real familiar with the breeds ...

the hens...
these are the 1/2 and 1/2

These two now have the big tufts on the sides of their faces, and the funny black feather tips...

Its hard to really tell cuz of the cutie who is holding them is covering them up
smile.png
from just the head of the black one it kind of looks like a barred rock but you said it has feathered feet and barred rocks don't. the others kind of look like gold stars but again I am not sure

Can't be sure, but I think they'e all chickens.
tongue.png
If they aren't in following with any breed standards, they are probably just (adorable) mutts.

We need a better pic of the little barred bird. From your description I'd guess barred bantam cochin, but we really need a better pic. The first hen is a red sex link pullet, and the second one is an easter egger pullet.

Back
Top Bottom