what is going on!? Please give me some advice here...

That's why I recommended those things first, since we don't know what we are dealing with we don't want to automatically jump to antibiotics.

That would be the next step after the previous is done.
smile.png

Quote:
Yup.
So if all the other stuff doesn't work, i have tetracycline left over...could i use that?
and if so, if it works, does that mean she does have CRD....?
I really hope she doesn't have anything where she is a carrier for life
sad.png

It's hard to say without testing what exactly she has.

If you have tried all the above INCLUDING Corid, then yes I would start antibiotics.

If the tetracycline is left over from a previous prescription for a chicken I would say fine.

I like using Tylan, which is a good all around chicken antibiotic.

Last edited:
Well i decided i'm going to get her tested for mycoplasma by my vet, since it is such a destructive disease i thought its better to find out sooner then later.

I got her tested for mycoplasmosis the other day...will get results in about 5-7 business days.
Doesn't look good so far. The vet agrees that's probably what it is and normally people would cull the bird by now.
Shes had bubbly eye, swollen face, and sniffling/difficulty breathing like shes stuffy.
Luckily my chickens outside are all looking ok and not showing any symptoms...but it is highly contagious...so lets see...

Shes seems to be breathing pretty hard and making crying noises (i don't know if the crying is because shes stuck inside all the time :[ ) ....i'm still waiting for results but i'm wondering if this is just making her suffer...

Do you guys think i should put her down or what for results before deciding?

If shes in pain i don't want her to suffer....

Did you give her Corid and everything else?

Have you tried antibiotics yet? I would start her on them asap now if you haven't already. Doesn't sound like she is doing too good. Sorry to hear.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom