What is going on with my duck?!

Bitter_Campari

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone! I'm new to byc and I have a question about one of my ducks.
I have a welsh harlequin and a black Swedish, both of which I raised from 6 days old. They both started laying about two months ago, and within the past month my black swedish has just gotten out of control loud. She honks when I'm not around (and non stop when I am). She also walks around a lot with her feathers all ruffled and her posture is very hunched.
I've checked for mites. I've De wormed . They get at least 4 hours every day of free range time.
Does anybody have any similar experiences or insight?

I just got my first pair of ducks this year so I am still learning. When my duck first started laying she also got super loud. Not sure if she was quacking when I wasn't home but she would sound off at the top of her lungs when she would see me and just not stop it was driving me crazy (not to mention the neighbors in sure). I can't let them free range in the yard since we have dogs and tons of hawks/coyotes in the area. I made their run bigger thinking she was bored and that seems to have fixed the issue. Not sure about the posture or ruffled feathers, I still have a lot to learn :)

Back
Top Bottom