What is going on??

Bear4boo

Songster
Jun 10, 2022
Midwest
What is going on?? I just checked the coop cam and saw that one of our hens was not on the roost. We found her in the nesting box sitting on two shellless eggs! She has been a daily layer since she started laying over a month ago and she also layed this morning. I checked the nesting boxes this evening and they were empty so she must have just done this tonight. Any idea what is going on? E62D75E2-72E9-425A-B544-4CA01462A272.jpeg

If she got kicked off the roost then she might’ve gone into the nesting box. Otherwise some of my chickens when they get broody or start getting broody tend to sit on the eggs at night.

If you’ve got 2 shell less eggs I’d recommend giving your chickens more calcium.

If she got kicked off the roost then she might’ve gone into the nesting box. Otherwise some of my chickens when they get broody or start getting broody tend to sit on the eggs at night.

If you’ve got 2 shell less eggs I’d recommend giving your chickens more calcium.
But is it possible she could lay 3 eggs in one day? She laid her usual egg this morning, as did the others.

Back
Top Bottom