What is going on!

I don't think my friend would lie about how many eggs she is getting, when someone says your friend is a liar you do or I should say...I would tend to get offensive. Believe me I take all responses with a big thanks, but don't need someone acting like I'm an idiot or my friends a liar. NO ONE knows it all. HENCE THIS WEBSITE.
:D:D

I don't think my friend would lie about how many eggs she is getting, when someone says your friend is a liar you do or I should say...I would tend to get offensive.
As for people suggesting it might be lies, there's no need to take that offensively. You've asked a question, people are trying to help get to the bottom of it; the lies suggestion appeared based on the belief that chooks can't lay more than one egg a day. All people can do is guess until you do some sleuthing and eliminate some of the possibilities we've mentioned.
Sorry, but I don't believe that, lol.
Nobody's acted like you're an idiot and the suggestion about your friend has obviously been taken offensively, but wasn't intended that way.
People are trying to help you, not make out they know it all, but it's hard to help when you dismiss common possibilities without even knowing what they are or eliminating easily tested possibilities. In fact, it's impossible to help you under such conditions.
I agree, no-one knows it all. Hence this website. Dismissing possibilities you admittedly don't know about is one way to completely defeat the purpose of this website though.
Good luck.

I will def. go out and walk the ranging area, maybe your right, there may be eggs i just don't see
You can look, but it's really easiest(in my opinion) to lock them for a few days as I suggested on my previous post....then you'll REALLY know for sure if they are hiding a nest of not laying.

Quote:
That's very true. However when someone deliberately seeks out and uses an offensive meaning to a common term, that's impossible to misunderstand. The intent is clear. What's not clear is why they felt the need to respond that way.
ChookRanger is right...no way your neighbor can get 3 eggs a day from two hens. Just not going to happen. And your birds are young. If they had hatched in February or march, they may have come into more full lay before the days got shorter.
This bit, I thought to address before, but obviously got sidetracked by that sideswipe...

Yes, you can get three eggs a day from two hens, or even four.

I've had two-a-day layers before, they're hardly unheard of. Mine were Leghorns, but I've had mongrels lay two eggs a day too.

According to most sources the world record for the most eggs laid in one day by a single hen is seven.

Best wishes.

Ah, very interesting! I had never heard of this before. I had no idea it was possible for a hen to lay multiple eggs a day. Thanks for filling us in.

Well I guess that won't hurt, I'll do it tomorrow, I know they will be unhappy, they LOVE roaming around the yard and flying.
You could take a couple days before confining them completely...let them out a couple hours later each day until you aren't letting them out until mid afternoon.

Not sure where you're located......but my birds spend more time in the coop in winter.

Hopefully your coop is big enough so they are not crowded when confined to the coop......crowded birds can be stressed, which can impede laying

We are in Missouri, but so far in the 30's they love it, but it will get colder in January and February. But my coop can hold another 12 PLUS I do have a second coop that I made for the other end of the run, in the event one gets sick or injured, so space is not a concern

Back
Top Bottom