What is going on?

Beau coop

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
WNY
My usually very perky, 6 month old OEGB is acting very strangely. It started with the loss of feathers just above her tail. She was still running about and eating well- I looked her over and didn't notice anything mites, vent issues etc. So I assumed molting?
hmm.png

Yesterday she was just standing still, head tucked under. Period. She is very light now, but she is eating, or more to the point attempting eating. Crop doesn't seem to be impacted, poop is green with white, firm.

She is normally second highest in the pecking order- but now she is taking a pecking from the other birds.
I isolated her last night but she was so distraught that I let her roost with the rest of the flock last night.

Today she came out in a rush to eat along with everyone else, so I left her in the run. My brother just stopped to check onher and she is just sitting in the nest box. Won't know for a while if she is hiding out or laying.

Any one got any ideas as to what might be wrong with her?

Last edited:
If she is eating, and loseing weight....I would suspect worms. Can you take a fecal to the vet and have it run? This is usually pretty inexpencive. I would seperate her for a few days....give her some boiled egg...yogurt..and plenty water. See if this helps...but really...im thinking worms.

Are worms something I can see in her feces? Would only one bird be sick?

I can try to get a vet to look at her poop- should I start her on a wormer now?

Back
Top Bottom