What is good for chicken feather growth, and health?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys, I have an older hen, who I have made multiple threads about, anyway, she's missing a lot of feathers. I know that extra protein is good for feather growth, so I am giving that to her. I am also wondering about Flaxseed I guess. I know that it is good for animals fur, for growth, health, and makes it much shinier. I am wondering if it has the same affect in chickens, or what benefits it has for them. Is there anything else I can feed her along with the extra protein? Thanks for any help!

Hey guys, I have an older hen, who I have made multiple threads about, anyway, she's missing a lot of feathers. I know that extra protein is good for feather growth, so I am giving that to her. I am also wondering about Flaxseed I guess. I know that it is good for animals fur, for growth, health, and makes it much shinier. I am wondering if it has the same affect in chickens, or what benefits it has for them. Is there anything else I can feed her along with the extra protein? Thanks for any help!
I would just focus on a high quality complete feed with 18-20% protein. I'd also feed her some mackerel, tuna or other meat 2 to 3 times a week. You could also start fermenting it and feeding it that way to help boost gut performance.

s
I would just focus on a high quality complete feed with 18-20% protein. I'd also feed her some mackerel, tuna or other meat 2 to 3 times a week. You could also start fermenting it and feeding it that way to help boost gut performance
I ma feeding Purina flock raiser 20% protein at the moment, I will definelty get ahold of the fish and give that to her as well. Thanks so much for your response!

Back
Top Bottom