What is in Cinnamon

JustCallMeMaple

Songster
Aug 22, 2021
Western PA
So from what I got she is a female EE but I'm just curious not only is that right but what the heck breeds makes this bird up as she would look like some native feral bird and blend into the environment come fall.

20210915_110052.jpg
20210915_110126.jpg
20210915_110148.jpg
20210915_110321.jpg
20210915_110316.jpg

Any ideas on what makes up this unique pattern?
Edit addition: About 8.5wks old here.

Last edited:
She has the camo pattern down and when she's in the bedding just right it blends so well. The colors fascinate me with how much variation is on a single feather.

This is the only one that has some type of saddle feather growing on their back it made me think possibly slow to mature rooster or certain breeds with saddle feathers on the hens.

I get that occasionally with my pheonixes (they throw weird things they shouldn't though) and I have a male naked neck that has it. But his father had the pattern too and he came from a hatchery so I have no clue

It's a pretty breed. I look at eggs and meat as a factor but who can resist the russian roulette chicks, I'm loving the color changes as they grow. I've spend my time with adults and raising them up has been the best experience. I didn't even mind how messy they are as babies. Babies are so messy, bedding in food, bedding in water bedding everywhere.

Is it bad I keep telling Cinnamon to turn into a rooster at this point? I'm so pullet heavy with straight run grabs it's a bit exasperating. I figured at least one will be a male but now I'm just flapping in a female flock.

Back
Top Bottom