What is it with Chickens & Styrofoam??(rant)

Be prepared for them to form a picket line, protesting their lack of freedoms and murmurs of overthrowing their oppressors. They may even leave deposits on the porch to communicate their grievances..
The local village didn't have anything suitable and its a long drive into town (90km each way) for bird netting. So I sacrificed an old heavy duty tarp, cut into 3' wide strips, stapled to the bottom of the cabin and weighted down with logs. I'm worried about mold, so I'll swap it with mesh/netting once I can get to town for supplies.

The chickens are now standing around the spot they usually go under, very confused and disappointed. :lol: Take that, suckers! :tongue I almost feel bad for them though. :(
20211201_075352.jpg

The local village didn't have anything suitable and its a long drive into town (90km each way) for bird netting. So I sacrificed an old heavy duty tarp, cut into 3' wide strips, stapled to the bottom of the cabin and weighted down with logs. I'm worried about mold, so I'll swap it with mesh/netting once I can get to town for supplies.

The chickens are now standing around the spot they usually go under, very confused and disappointed. :lol: Take that, suckers! :tongue I almost feel bad for them though. :(
View attachment 2915167
I love that photo! We must do what it takes. My girls discovered some beneath the siding and all week I've been running ragged trying to cover it. Wooden boards, tarp, huge planters...everything I cover one area, they find another. It is definitely like a drug to them.. My husband found half the hens and two pullets with faces covered with Styrofoam bits lol. He went to Home Depot now he's out back installing something to cover access. I expect a protest this weekend. Lol

Back
Top Bottom