What is killing all my chickens?

No! Treat the whole flock. Corid is a relatively benign treatment, It won't hurt birds who don't need it, but will knock out the issue in birds that aren't showing symptoms, yet.

When you treat, start with a straight dose laid directly alongside the beak. They'll open to swallow it on their own. Then add it to their water. Be sure to offer ONLY Corid-treated water. Take out any other water sources. Do NOT supplement with vitamins, as the Corid works by depriving the Coccidia of the B vitamins they need to thrive.

Once the five day treatment is over, remove all of the treated water, replace it with clean, fresh stuff and treat the whole flock with a full-range vitamin supplement - any standard poultry vitamin that contains B should do the trick. The follow-up is important, because what the coccidia aren't the only organisms that need the B vitamins, so do your chickens! The full-range vitamin supplement will boost their systems back up and hopefully keep them from crashing. Add Corid to your emergency kit. Coccidia live in the soil ... pretty much ALL soil - and the strain can vary from yard to yard - so you will most likely need it again at some point. I keep a fresh bottle on hand at all times and replace it as it expires. Better safe than sorry!

Good Luck!
Yes I'm treating everybody but wondered if I should keep her separate as she's the worst case and I'm glad you explained the whole vitamin thing because someone told me corid does something with vitamins but didn't tell me what so I was confused. And I'm going to start keeping corid in case this happens again, thank you for explaining it so well

Yes I'm treating everybody but wondered if I should keep her separate as she's the worst case and I'm glad you explained the whole vitamin thing because someone told me corid does something with vitamins but didn't tell me what so I was confused. And I'm going to start keeping corid in case this happens again, thank you for explaining it so well
Unless she's so sick that she needs constant supervision and/or is so weak she would benefit from climate control, I'd be inclined to leave her with her flock. I almost lost a beautiful show pair of D'Uccles to this mess. I ended up bringing them both inside so I could watch them better. That's when I noticed my little rooster crashing post-treatment. I "accidentally" discovered the vitamin trick by giving him a last-ditch, Hail Mary Sav-A-Chik dose. He was noticeably improved within 30 minutes and eventually made a full recovery.

Should these vitamins work

Attachments

• 20220702_154616.jpg
    20220702_154616.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 6
Ugh I don't know what to do I'm becoming paranoid and losing hope for them all. One of the lavender orpington pullets died last night. The body was pecked bald and there is a hole in the back of its neck

Warning- dead chicken

I don't know it seems like they are just all going to die and it's like they are all dying of different things at once.

Attachments

• 20220703_095747.jpg
    20220703_095747.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220703_095731.jpg
    20220703_095731.jpg
    753 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom