What is "light brown" Phoenix bantam color???????

Fluffy Lambs

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
May 10, 2021
The Hot State
So I have a 2014 bantam standard and the phoenix colors in it are: golden, silver, Golden duckwing, silver duck wing, and light brown. But when I google "light brown phoenix bantam" and other related searches, 0 results come up. So I I'm curious if there is any light brown phoenixes.
Thanks for any info!

I didn't even think about reading the plumage discription, now that I've read it I think I have a light brown cockerel! IMG_3398.JPG

@JacinLarkwell you have phoenix right? (I hope you don’t mind me tagging you)
I do, and I did see this earlier, but can't answer I'm afraid. Mine are standards, which only have 2, maybe 3 recognized varieties. I would consider light brown to be the gold duckwing, but apparently it's not. That being said, I've got some weird colors in my flock that could very well actually be this light brown and I would never know. I just know they're not standard 😅

I do, and I did see this earlier, but can't answer I'm afraid. Mine are standards, which only have 2, maybe 3 recognized varieties. I would consider light brown to be the gold duckwing, but apparently it's not. That being said, I've got some weird colors in my flock that could very well actually be this light brown and I would never know. I just know they're not standard 😅
If you'd like, I can post a pick of my hen closest to what it *might* be, but that's all I can really do

Yes, please post a picture. A lot of the long feathers have not grown in on the roo I have. Another member told me he might actually be a blue with red leakage, but his feathers get longer every day so I think his appearance will be changing a bunch pretty soon. Today he actually started crowing. He sounds like a chair sliding across the floor. Thanks

Okay, I guess I actually had a few different ones that I would think would be close. All are supposed to be just gold Duckwing (one was ordered that from a hatchery and the other two came from gold Duckwing parents)

And I have no clue why one picture is yellow, it doesn't have a picture, this is just what my camera got. She's like a roanish color
20201029_185326.jpg
20201014_174831.jpg
20200825_073618.jpg

So I think golden duckwing and light brown are really similar, the second photo of the hen might actually be the light brown. Does it have black thighs and breast, or is it gray? And is is it's unercolor light slate? Those are pretty birds.

Pretty sure she's got black under color. I don't mess with them, but nothing on her is black apart from the stripes on her hackles feathers.
So I think golden duckwing and light brown are really similar, the second photo of the hen might actually be the light brown. Does it have black thighs and breast, or is it gray? And is is it's unercolor light slate? Those are pretty birds.

So I think the golden duckwing has dark slate under color. (Which is probably about the same thing as black) so yours must be golden duckwings. Not sure about the roanish one though.

Back
Top Bottom