What IS Mr T????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HighNDryFarm, Sep 8, 2011.

1. HighNDryFarm

HighNDryFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Paradise, CA
    Ok, I've posted Mr T when he was much younger. He was in a batch of Polish chicks I bought and he didn't look right but the gal through him in....I know I should have said no.....anyway, he has a mohawk, 5 toes and hair legs! What do you think he is...or IS he something or just a mix?

[​IMG]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Polish x Silkie probably. (poor quality Silkie though)

3. chaseB2

chaseB2 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2011
    Missouri
    polish and black sex link , i had a hole flock of them running around ........ a vary sneaky hen went off and hatched a clutch lol

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    He's a really fun looking guy! [​IMG] Sorry, don't have a clue, but I like him.

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Neither of those breeds have five toes or feathered legs.

6. chaseB2

chaseB2 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2011
    Missouri
    yes i was not paying attention to the caption i just looked at the pic lol my bad but i agree 5 toes would mean silky , some polish can develop a small amount of leg feathers , dorkings have 5 toes as well, favoralls have 5 toes and have leg feathers but i would defiantly say that there is polish in there

7. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Don't know the answer for you, but he sure is cute - in a tough guy sort of way [​IMG]

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Silkies - Faverolles - Houdans - Sultans - Dorking all have a 5th toe.
    Polish should never have Feathered Shanks unless there a cross (most likely with a Sultan).

Now I would count out Faverolles because the of OP's bird not having White Shanks. (Faverolles have White Legs and White Legs are Dominate and all F1 offspring would have White Legs)
    Houdans can also be ruled out because they are clean legged and they have White/ White Mottled Shanks and as with White Legs they would be Dominate and the F1 offspring would have either White or White Mottled Legs
    Sultans can also be ruled out because they have White plumage which should be Dominate
    Dorking are also clean legged so there out

That would leave the Silkie. [​IMG]

Chris

9. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I have several polish-silkies and I would believe he is a mix of silkie and gold laced polish.

10. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

What he is, is one of the most rockin' it mutts I ever saw! I love him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by