What IS Mr T????

HighNDryFarm

Songster
10 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Paradise, CA
Ok, I've posted Mr T when he was much younger. He was in a batch of Polish chicks I bought and he didn't look right but the gal through him in....I know I should have said no.....anyway, he has a mohawk, 5 toes and hair legs! What do you think he is...or IS he something or just a mix?

310940_10150307077304028_767184027_7977642_1105013121_n.jpg

polish and black sex link , i had a hole flock of them running around ........ a vary sneaky hen went off and hatched a clutch lol

yes i was not paying attention to the caption i just looked at the pic lol my bad but i agree 5 toes would mean silky , some polish can develop a small amount of leg feathers , dorkings have 5 toes as well, favoralls have 5 toes and have leg feathers but i would defiantly say that there is polish in there

Quote:
Silkies - Faverolles - Houdans - Sultans - Dorking all have a 5th toe.
Polish should never have Feathered Shanks unless there a cross (most likely with a Sultan).

Now I would count out Faverolles because the of OP's bird not having White Shanks. (Faverolles have White Legs and White Legs are Dominate and all F1 offspring would have White Legs)
Houdans can also be ruled out because they are clean legged and they have White/ White Mottled Shanks and as with White Legs they would be Dominate and the F1 offspring would have either White or White Mottled Legs
Sultans can also be ruled out because they have White plumage which should be Dominate
Dorking are also clean legged so there out

That would leave the Silkie.
wink.png

Chris

Back
Top Bottom