what is my new neighbor ?

Quote:
I've noticed that, too! It seems like every time someone posts here about a chiken turning up at their house, or living feral nearby, it is always an OEG! (Or some other breed that is not doing well! THey seem to do well!)

Lol I know. They're hardy little boogers. They make really good mothers too because they're survivalists.

Quote:
Wild Chickens???? lol...I have never heard of wild chickens before. I guess it is because where I live, a wild chicken wouldn't last long.

Gotta go with Game pullet, she's tooooo big for an OE. The fun part will be catching her, Games are not so docile and they are good at flying. Does she have some damage to the feathers on one of her wings?

the leg color and the eventual earlobe color will tell. can't really tell the leg color in your pic. If the bird stays small, has red earlobes and white legs, its likely an Old English Game Bantam. If the legs are blue and earlobes white - Phoenix. White earlobes and Yellow legs? Leghorn. Blue legs or green and red earlobes? Likely and American Game, though they can have yellow and white legs too, as well as sometimes some white in the earlobe.

Back
Top Bottom