What is my Silkie's PROBLEM! - Video link update

Or you can give 'him' some way of hopping into position without jostling...um

Do you also need a longer roost?
lol.png

That's kinda what I did the first night I saw "him" pulling this on the girls. I actually took each pullet off the roost one by one and left them on top of the nest boxes while I repositioned everyone so my bratty Silkie would stop making such a fuss. He seems to have become very attached to my much larger EE pullet. They've been together with one other chick since they were hatched and the three usually stick together. I've seen him yelling at her for weeks when he's wanted to cuddle up and nap. He peeps/screeches at her and nudges her until he is sufficiently comfortable. Apparently I have a high maintenace Silkie. Too funny.

Oh and they have a four foot roost but like to squish up all six onto on 1/3 of it. They have two other roosts that are lower but they all like sleeping on the highest one.

My chickens used to have certain ones they wanted to be with and I would just move them and switch them all around until everyone was happy. There were also ones that couldn't be next to each other or one would be picking on the other. So I, of course, moved them, too. They had me trained well!
big_smile.png
Oh, and there were also certain spots in the coop that had their names written on them and no one else dared go there! Silly chickens.

That's how I feel...they've got ME trained. They are so spoiled.
love.gif

I don't see any sign of wattles yet but the walnut comb is starting to develop and has turned a bright pink recently.

When I came home tonight they were all lined up on the mid-level roost (it's rainy out so they seemed to have stayed in most of the day) and of course he is right next to his girlfriend Henrietta, my EE. We'll see how tonight goes.
pop.gif

I saw the video of him thinking about getting on the upper roost. All I could do was say, "JUMP already!!!" Sooo frustrating when they crouch down to jump and then, they don't do it. He's a cutie and what color is his chest? It looks red.

Ha ha... His chest is Cantelope orange from a recent treat of a cantelope halved and left in tack for the plucking. He must have really worked at getting to the bottom of the rine cause he stained his whole chest in the process. He is a comical character that one.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom