1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is she? Banty from TSC - Added pic to post #5

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fanov8, Sep 1, 2011.

1. fanov8

fanov8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    East TN
    Ok, I usually can figure my chickens out after they grow out some but I'm stumped on 2 bantam hens that I got. They are around 5 months old now. Not laying yet. One has lightly feathered legs and the other is clean legged. Both are the exact same coloring. And they both have muffs and a beard. The color doesn't show up very well on camera since they are so skittish it's hard to get a good one. They are a light grey/lavender color with red across their wings and some on their chest. I am thinking they could be Bantam Easter Eggers but they have the stance of a game hen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. These pics aren't the best but hopefully someone can make something out. Thanks everyone!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Ee?

3. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    Easter Egger.

4. DanyyChicken

DanyyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southern NH
    I have a standard EE that looks like yours, similar coloring on the feathers with slate colored legs.

5. fanov8

fanov8 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    East TN
    That's what I've been thinking too. The only thing that throws me is her stance. It's not a great picture but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

6. Firefighter Chick

Firefighter Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Southeast Minnesota
    self-assured EE

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by