What is she??? *pic heavy*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by RoxyOtis, Sep 27, 2008.

1. RoxyOtis

RoxyOtis Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Modesto, CA
    I bought this pullet this afternoon at the local feed store. I am guessing her age at 12-15 weeks? (If anybody has any input on her age, I would appreciate it). I was just wondering what breed she is.
    Here are some pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I just wanted to add that she is VERY loving. She runs over to me and jumps on my lap.......and I just got her TODAY! This is my first chicken to sit on my lap YAY! I love it,lol.[​IMG][​IMG]

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks......Kayla

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  2. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Awww. She looks like a blue wheaten Old English game bantam. Old English can be very sweet! I would say she's over 6 months or about there.

3. RoxyOtis

Aug 28, 2008
    Modesto, CA
    Wow.....could she be that old?? She only weighs about 12 ounces. I would like to see the eggs that come out of her!![​IMG]

4. Maryallison77

Maryallison77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Wow, I love that she is so friendly! I have a little red frizzle that I carry around everywhere and that is friendly as my girls get! Autum just kinda tolerates me--hehe! [​IMG]

5. Chicky Joy

Chicky Joy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Hmmmm...I'm curious [​IMG]

If she is a small breed and is as old as 6 months wouldn't her comb/wattles (sp?) be bigger and possibly brighter?

6. RoxyOtis

Aug 28, 2008
    Modesto, CA
    I am curious about that too,lol. I have no idea how she should look at 6 months,lol. I know that she is a bantam so she is small.

7. emilyfrancis

emilyfrancis Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    In the first photo she looks like my Welsummer when she was a month old or so.

She looks like a youngster still

8. RoxyOtis

Aug 28, 2008
    Modesto, CA
    I am guessing she is young, she is just soooo small,lol.

9. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    shes definately some type of Game... but im not sure whether its old english, or gamefowl.... have never seen old englishs come that color (in the wheaten variety their kind of a light brown... maybe whiteish cream color with red hackles), gamefowl. come that color and the above wheaten color posted.. plus shes growing spurs which can happen but isn't VERY common in Old english, loads of Gamefowl hens have spurs though... so i guess its your choice, if shes a old english bantam-wont get any bigger.. if gamefowl-going to weigh about 3-4 pounds at full grown.. and be the size (tall ) of.. maybe a leghorn or some other chicken like that

-Daniel

PS, by how she looks. would guess 4-5 months [​IMG],

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  10. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Her comb and wattles are big for an oeg pullet/hen! [​IMG] They will get brighter and redder when she starts to lay.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by