What is that roof called?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Anny, Jun 22, 2008.

  1. Anny

    Anny Songster

    Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    What do you call the material used for making roofs that is just a large sheet of wavy metal or plastic??

    Do normal hardware stores normally carry it??

  2. Cetawin

    Cetawin Chicken Beader

    Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    metal roofing or roof metal. Most building suppliers will have it such as Lowe's Home Depot and etc.
  3. rooster-red

    rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

    Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I think its called corrogated tin.
  4. Anny

    Anny Songster

    Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
    Thank you!

    I didn't want to walk into the hardware store and ask "where can I find that wavy roof like stuff haha"
  5. Cetawin

    Cetawin Chicken Beader

    Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Tin is lighter weight than the metal so it will depend on your needs.
  6. CritterHill

    CritterHill Songster

    Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
  7. Peaguy

    Peaguy Songster

    Apr 23, 2007
    I would be THE "ONE MOST LIKELY TO...." walk into Home Depot or Lowes and ask "where is that roofing stuff... you know the wavy stuff some times metal sometimes Fiberglass or what ever that bluish green stuff really is." I have had many many salesclerk stop and scratch their heads in bewilderment until they figure out what I'm trying to find/talking about.I sometimes thrive on confusion. Especially confusing others
  8. asher

    asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

    Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:[​IMG] That sounds familiar...though I'd be the one that started out with THAT and then would end up deciding that wasn't really what I wanted after all once they figured out what I was talking about. [​IMG] Not intentionally...I just get distracted easily by shiny things. [​IMG]
  9. cajunlizz

    cajunlizz Songster

    Apr 27, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Quote:Yes , they have both in TIN , metal or plastic ... " Corrogated "

    Just tell them what you looking for and you can find it either at Lowe's or Home depot. LOWE'S BTW is cheaper in building materials ....
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  10. i walked into Lowes and asked for "those rumply panels people put on patio covers" and got directed to the right spot. Still don't know the correct name. "Rumply things" is good enough for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: