What is THAT?!

A332750

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2021
My two white hens started laying around 2 weeks ago like clockwork. One a day about same time each day. My one hen today stayed in the nesting box around an hour and didn't do her usual singing or I should say bragging once laid. I went out and found two white sacks with coils attached to them in the nesting box. Both sacks had fluid in them but i didnt see a yolk. It almost looked like the egg membrane with the whites in it but not yolk or shell. Is this common? What in the world causes this? Is there anything I need to do?

My two white hens started laying around 2 weeks ago like clockwork. One a day about same time each day. My one hen today stayed in the nesting box around an hour and didn't do her usual singing or I should say bragging once laid. I went out and found two white sacks with coils attached to them in the nesting box. Both sacks had fluid in them but i didnt see a yolk. It almost looked like the egg membrane with the whites in it but not yolk or shell. Is this common? What in the world causes this? Is there anything I need to do?
You're assumption is likely correct on being membrane. It is normal to have egg-laying flukes in first-time layers. They should straighten out on their own.

Didn't happen to take a pic didja?

What all and how exactly are you feeding?

I did not and we feed them Layena from Purina. We did find out she had an impacted crop.so my husband gave her vegetable oil and massaged it. She emptied her crop but still no egg. Been about a week.

Back
Top Bottom