What is the best/coolest thing about your coop?

Chickens? WOW

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Western Montana
I would love to get some ideas about things to add to my coop! if you have some nifty little things, just post away
smile.png
(Feel free to brag as well)

I like that I spent the extra money and predator proofed the whole structure. That way I don't have to lock them in their coop at night. The ramp can stay down and they can let themselves out in the morning, as nothing can get into their run from top to bottom..

I have an old metal bookcase in there, the birds LOVE sleeping in it, and since it's metal, I can hose it down to get rid of the nights leavings.
wee.gif

A transparent roof, so if it rains or is just plain not warm outside (which it does and is!!) they still get a warm, bright place to stay in.

5998951886_2be1dd24ea.jpg

Quote:
X2 Let's me sleep in on the few rare days I have that option. That is of course until they start in with their bok bok bok BAA GAWK - translation, YO, Flock Mistress! How about some treats!

Quote:
I think that's my favorite thing about our coop~run as well. We went out of town this weekend and never worried that anything would happen to the chickens. I also leave the pop-door open, so they can come out in the morning when ready. We built this coop with the run a couple of years ago, and the chicken never spent any time in the run,....until the past few weeks. A coyote came into the yard and got one of our favorite girls out free ranging. It's such piece of mind knowing I can keep them in the run and the coyote can't get anymore of my sweet girls.

8175_dscf2257.jpg

Oh, I also love we thought to put a closet inside the coop. It have field fencing walls and door, so when I have a broody hen she can sit on her eggs undisturbed, but she can see the rest of the flock and they can see her. No reintroducing her or her chicks when she's ready to take her little one's out to be with the flock.

It's not big, but plenty of room for a nursery, and when not needed for a broody, it's plenty of room for storage.

8175_mille_and_blwd_024.jpg

The best thing about my coops? The ones that have the nest boxes on the outside so I can collect eggs without having to actually go into the coop.

Back
Top Bottom