What is the best corse of action?

May 2, 2020
Eastern Michigan
So, I have a blind pullet, I got her two chicks so she wouldn't be lonely, both advertised as pullets... Well, we have two wonderful cockerels. Now I'm not sure what to do. Amber and the cocks are very close. I really don't want to separate them. I could try and find a pullet bird, but I don't know if I can. What should I do! I want the best for Amber. I don't think she would mind another chick, she takes great care of these two.
0801201917a.jpg
0803201509.jpg
0731202031a.jpg

have they started crowing? Look pretty young, how sure are you they are cockerel?

Even though they are close, it is not going to be a long term memory thing, and their relationship WILL CHANGE when they grow older.

However, swapping out two chicks for these chicks might not work either. But more than likely work better than keeping two roosters... if they are roosters, how sure are you that they are roosters?
Mrs k

Everyone on my thread said cockerels, I will be keeping them, as they are the sweetest cocky I've ever had. Only 2 weeks old, I'm trying to find a sex link pullet, and I will put them both in saddles. I can make a rooster house, but I don't really want to separate them.

At only two weeks old, it can be very difficult to tell for sure. I think I would wait a bit for further plans, before I started building.

As for them being sweetest birds, if they are roosters, that also may or may not hold over with future behavior. It is so hard to believe that a darling can become a nightmare, but it can happen.

Just wait a bit and see. I am just a lady on the internet - and only looking at two pictures, but while I play the guessing game with 2 week old birds, it is just a guessing game.

Mrs K

Yeah, You gonna change your mind about being sweet once the hormones kick in. They are gonna fight and hurt if not kill the pullet trying to over breed her. Best cut ties now before you get more attached.

Oh... I have another cockerel, don't even get me started on hormones... He wasn't nice from the beginning. Penguin can be so sweet though, and Gray has his moments. I hope they stay this way. I can get more pics daily, no rush☺ I think as long as they are 4 weeks and under, no rush.

Back
Top Bottom