what is the best hatchery for red sex-links?

The Red Sex-Linked hen/ chick/ pullet in the Breed pages is from Privett. Her pics can be seen at...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/star/20741

She lives across the street at my neighbor's house, and her name just happens to also be "Star" in addition to being a Red Star. She is the favorite chicken there, laying Jumbo brown eggs every single day. She is friendly and pretty calm, but I would never call her quiet. I can hear her better than my own chickens sometimes. She starting laying right around 20 weeks old, a great chicken. We ordered through Welp, but they shipped from Privett in NM since they are much closer to us and it was winter time.

Like Phoenixmama said about her sex-links from Privett, Star is great forager as well.

I got my Black and Gold Sexlinks from my local feed store which orders from Ideal. I don't know about any other hatchery I got mine before I joined BYC. My Black ones are the more dominate out of the two, but both are calm and lay about 6days out of 7days give or take one. The eggs are way larger than grocery store large eggs.

I have always heard that ISA Browns are the most efficient and are what all of the commercial brown egg places use. My pal is making an order from Townline this year to get some...if you are all about getting as many eggs as possible, that's my suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom