What is the best heated water bowl?

Purchased metal ones: you lift off a dome, a little thing springs into place to plug the hole, you put in water and put the dome back on. The dome pushes the little thing inward, thus opening the hole so water comes into the pan again.

The bucket one: maybe a cork or a finger, or maybe it just makes a wet mess at filling time.
My current one you take off the bottom and fill upside down. Maybe I could do something like that?

@black_cat i put a hole in the lid of my bucket to put the cord through then sealed it back up with flex spray let it dry till I had to change out my bucket for cold weather I have 3 buckets 2 for summer and 1 for winter for each coop i have 2coops

Thanks for the link! It looks great.
I’m using this one this winter. Haven’t tried it yet but supposedly has a good review
9F0B39B1-BE4E-44EF-A30B-E2040502E19F.jpeg

The hose is far away from my coop, don't worry.
You have your hose hooked up during winter? How do you manage that? My fiancee shuts the water off to the outside before winter and blows out the hose so it doesnt freeze. I take water out to my birds in gallon jugs. It sometimes takes me a couple of trips. Hence why Id want a different watering method.

You have your hose hooked up during winter? How do you manage that? My fiancee shuts the water off to the outside before winter and blows out the hose so it doesnt freeze. I take water out to my birds in gallon jugs. It sometimes takes me a couple of trips. Hence why Id want a different watering method.
I don't actually know. Maybe it's not on???? I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom