What is the best incubator out there?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tokajein, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Tokajein

Tokajein Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Preferably under $100
    After this hatch is over with I am getting a new one (heat got busted on it)
    So I was wondering which ones seem to work best.

2. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    A broody hen! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ThaJuicyJuice

ThaJuicyJuice Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    Miami
    Not mine.

4. Paraclete

Paraclete Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Norco
    Quote:Lol amen to that. [​IMG]

5. chickintexas

chickintexas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    I've been using a Little Giant still air incubator since last year with great results-regardless of what others have said about still airs. Cool spots that are that intense to play a role on hatching rates? Really? On the flip side, though, I'd be willing to spend a few hundred dollars on something that would guarantee at least a 90% hatch rate on my own eggs-not shipped-if my livelihood relied upon it or if I regularly spend an obnoxious amount of money on eggs-which I don't-which DH thinks otherwise. [​IMG]

6. Tokajein

Tokajein Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Quote:Haha not a option for me right now. Thanks for the suggestion though [​IMG]

7. adrian

adrian Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Regina, SK
    If you don't need to incubate large numbers (24 chicken eggs at most), spend a bit more and get a Brinsea Octagon Eco. If you absolutely need higher numbers be prepared to spend more on something like a Hovabator 1588 Genesis. They're pretty darn good for a styrofoam incubator. I've got one myself as well as a Brinsea Advance.

8. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I really liked my Hovabator 1602... still air, hand turn, and all... however... I sold it so I can buy me a reptibator.. otherwise known as a hot/cold fridge and available for 120 something (w/ship) at thinkgeek.com..... shhhhhh... and dont tell them what it can be used for.....

9. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    craigslist... you might find an incubator with turner for under a bill... just be warry that LG's are a bit harder to adjust than the hovabators...

or buy a silkie...

10. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I was lucky and found a old redwood bator at a yard sale for 60.00, its been the best bator I have ever had. I never had any luck with the foam bators, but some people have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by