What is the best incubator?

'Best' depends a lot on what you're planning to do with it. From the one you're looking at, I'd say you're planning to hatch a smaller number of chicks at a time?

Personally, I avoid the Styrofoam incubators. They just aren't as reliable or hold temperature as well as those made with better materials. For small batches of eggs, I'd say two of the best tabletop incubators out there at a mid-range price point are the Harris Farms Nurture Right, and the Incuview. Brinsea models are also very good, but they are more expensive.

Ah, so you already have an incubator? Hovabators aren't bad, they just tend to be less reliable than others. I always had troubles with humidity in my Styrofoam incubators. The temperatures would also often fluctuate with the room temperature, which drove me crazy.

I have a hovabator. Temp wasn't my problem, humidity was another story. I added a humidikit though and it's fine. Many good hatches in it.

One thing to consider in a still air is cool spots. A fan helps circulate the air and pretty much eliminates that issue.

Back
Top Bottom