What is the best stuff to kill mights and bugs?

Quote:
Oh no where even near that much. That would be wayyyyyy too much.

OK, here's the deal on DE. DE is a dust. Birds are very very sensitive to dusts of any kind. DE's are safe for ingestion in small amounts, but not for breathing in period. So we just want to use a bit of DE.

Say if I had five gallons of sand in my dusting box, I'd use about 1/4th cup of DE maybe. Maybe. If you at all see it, it's too much.

I prefer to do it by sprinkling on top of the dusting area - and then raking it in. The sprinkle would be about like you'd decorate a cake with decorative powdered sugar.

ok, you've been such a good help! so i should use it sparangley right? how much should i put in the coop and run? just a dusting to cover it? how potant is this stuff? like do you need alot fo it to kill bugs and such? Thanks again.

I had leg mites on my rooster and read that ivermectin will kill them. I have horses and this is what I use to worm them. It comes in a tube (7 bucks generic in any feed store) and all I did was pick up my rooster and coat his legs with it once a week or so. It took 5 treatments and the mites were gone. Cheap and easy!

Back
Top Bottom