What is the best way to hang this waterer? (pic included)

Glue a plastic funnel upside down to the top. I don't hang mine either; my coop has a bunch of chunks of concrete blocks for such things.

Glorified toilet
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

I so know exactly what you mean unfortunately!

I use cat litter sq buckets with 2 inch holes drilled 2 inches above the bottom. Teh window allows access to water, but the roosting doesnt alow it to be poo-ed in. I sit them anywhere, srpitz them out and fill everyday. Otherwise I have 5 gallon water buckets with Nipple on the water system. Works like a charm.

I use that same waterer and I just prop up upsidedown buckets and things of that sort to assure that it doesn't get stuff kicked into it. I also don't like hanging feeders/waterers. Knowing my birds, it'd be a sloshy mess in 5 minutes.

Quote:
That is a very interesting design! I am not well-versed when it comes to chicken watering systems, but I have never seen a set-up like that before! I'd love more info!

I have one exactly like the original post in this thread and I have it on a cinder block. It stays relatively clean from the hens but the trees drop stuff in it a lot! A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it keeps the green slime away! I have a nipple waterer too and my hens know how to use it but they seem to prefer this one! They have a water bottle in the coop for night time use and rarely use it. I change it every few days to make sure it is fresh.

Back
Top Bottom