what is the chicken squat look like or egg squat

Are you watching your chicken at 3 in the am? Chickens do need to sleep. Do you have a nest box? They prefer to lay in seculsion when possible. Try leaving her alone for awhile. That might help. Attention is great, to much is counterproductive. Best wishes.

she is in the house tonight for observations she might be a little sick i dont know and its actually 4 here
tongue.png
and she jsut wont go to sleep

mine do that as well now and then. When they are stretching.

egg squat - the hunker down and bring their wins out a bit.
Let me go and see if I can get a picture...
well no pics of the squat. They were too busy eating

Last edited:
mdove
second that, I have already told him I will always answer if he has that avatar. My favourite man. lol...

The chicken squat that signifies laying soon... is they will duck down and extend their necks a little and open their wings to the side.

They will do it if you go near them or even pass your hand over their heads, believe me you will know it when you see it. you start tothink they have suddenly become afraid of you.

My girls were all very spoiled and always came rushing up to me when I took them treats, and then suddenly I had 4 all doing this, and I wondered what I had done to make them afraid of me, but I have go used to it now and I will just pet the sdie of their necks and they will stop it for a while.

they are all laying now, but still they get spooked now and again,and down they go.... lol...

Jena.

Quote:
That squat is reserved for whomever they consider to be the roo -- my RSLs would all squat and let me pet them... until the roo grew up and they liked him better.

Yesterday I watched one of my girls walking around with her legs spread wide, it kind of looked like she was walking on her tip toes, too. She didn't look at all comfortable so I kept watching to make sure it wasn't something serious. Within a minute or so out popped an egg.

I don't know what the movement described by chickenbottom means.
hmm.png

lol...yes I was told they think it is a Roo around them, but I don;t have a Roo so I guess they just do it around whoever is dominant.

No I have not seen this leg stretch exactly, don't have a clue what that could be, but those legs are pretty big. Maybe they are stretching, or it could be a variation on the egg dance.

Just all started to happen around the same time with my girls, first the squat and then eggs.... wonderful...such clever girls. Ohh and the egg song.. with one in particular. very proud girl...

Jena.

Mine pick up their legs so high they disappear in butt fluff. Sometimes it's followed by a big stretch. Sometimes they just get back to business. Sometimes they just stand there on one leg like a flamingo. It doesn't worry me, since they seem fine otherwise. I think it's just a normal chicken posture, like me crossing my legs.

Back
Top Bottom