What is the color on this EE called? Progressive pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by purplepoen, Aug 11, 2008.

1. purplepoen

purplepoen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2008
    Michigan
    This is my EE pullet, and she's, gosh I dont know, a couple months old now. I was wondering if her color patern has a name. I've seen a few EE's with the same patern and color as her and I would like to know what it's called. Thanks [​IMG]

Her yesterday
    [​IMG]

A better pic of her face (yesterday)
    [​IMG]

About a month ago
    [​IMG]

A few days old (about two months ago)
    [​IMG]

By The Way-Her name used to be Nelly, but needs to be changed so if any one has any ideas that would be good.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    It's basically the same color/pattern as Golden Campines (both sexes) or Buttercup hens. No idea what it's called though. Very pretty chicken!

Pat

3. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Red Quill...

4. Sylvie

Sylvie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Ohio
    How funny, I was just looking at my EE's wondering the same thing today. So glad that you asked this question.

5. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I have an EE pullet that looks EXACTLY like that. Her name is Cinnamon. She's quite a character, very vocal, especially when you pick her up! She screams her head off and sounds all scandalized, but then she settles right down and goes to sleep once you start petting her.

I have 3 other EE girls, the'r names are Honey, Sugar, and Bunny (Bunny was named before the theme came along!).

6. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Looks like a ginger red to me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by