What is the correct label for the color of my chickens? Blue, Isabel, Porcelain?

Oh my goodness they are absolutely beautiful! Probably my favorite coloring combo Ive seen yet. If the leghorn is present in there somewhere have they managed to retain good laying capabilities or more for show?

Oh my goodness they are absolutely beautiful! Probably my favorite coloring combo Ive seen yet. If the leghorn is present in there somewhere have they managed to retain good laying capabilities or more for show?

They're mainly for show, but they do maintain the average egg laying rate for typical bantam.

Hi ChicKat! Sorry it has taken me forever to come back on here... to answer your questions - I settled on the name Isabella and "Isabella Bantam Project" and yes of
course I did continue to breed them. I signed up for my NPIP in January 2015 as a result of this project and have been selling & shipping hatching eggs
big_smile.png

I'm on my second season now and while there are a lot of misses and no that won't work there are several birds that I am eggstremely happy with and I feel like
fantastic progress has been made surprisingly very quickly. While my birds are mainly Old English, there are some with the white lobes and some with yellow legs
which leads me to believe there may be Leghorn genetics involved. When I got chickens 5 years ago I just wanted chickens for eggs and bug eating,
never in a million years did I imagine I would become a poultry breeder and for a specialty project LOL I even went out and bought a high resolution DSLR to
better photo document the birds. I find myself to be a bit of a camera snob and when I research chickens my desire is to find high quality photos and that isn't always
the case. I have even taken to working with the lavender on Ginger and BB Red base color along with the Silver Duckwing.

Anyway, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure...
wink.png

love.gif

Thank you for the gorgeous photos! wow -- good job!

I finally found this thread again!! So happy. So far I am in love with the babies I hatched from you! I held back an Isabel roo(showed very early) and a hen. I intend to use the Isabel roo over crele hens and an unrelated crele roo with the Isabel hen. Wish me luck. Switching devices to find photos.

Back
Top Bottom