What is the difference between an EE and Amaraucanas?

Quote:
As long as you are happy with them that is supper, I know they will be loved & well cared for.
jumpy.gif

I only brought up my question because I have purebred Ameraucanas from a breeder.( suppose to be the mark of pure according to the PTB) Well the birds were black split lavender chicks. One bird developed white markings over the shoulder saddle area. The breeder stated that 2 gens back there was a Silver Ameraucana in the breeding. So when these birds were bred by me, I got Black & a sort of diluted silver marked birds. They lay the prettiest bright blue eggs. But when I asked the PTB on the Ameraucana thread, I got my but chewed out by calling them Ameraucanas. They told me that these were EE's by the club standard. Which personally if the birds are pure Ameraucana diluted by the Lavender gene ( which is a known diluter) I would think you would still be able to call them Ameraucanas. JMO

What do you all think?

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
If you breed a pure Ameraucana of one color to a pure Ameraucana of another color - like a black to a wheaten - it's still a pure Ameraucana, but is a non standard color.

Blue, black and splash can be bred together and so can Lavender and black.

Ok but as it was stated the offspring are not a standard color so therefore they are considered EE's by the PTB.​

I've seen them referred to as Non-standard Ameraucana's.

Brody's Broodello :

I only brought up my question because I have purebred Ameraucanas from a breeder.( suppose to be the mark of pure according to the PTB) Well the birds were black split lavender chicks. One bird developed white markings over the shoulder saddle area. The breeder stated that 2 gens back there was a Silver Ameraucana in the breeding. So when these birds were bred by me, I got Black & a sort of diluted silver marked birds. They lay the prettiest bright blue eggs. But when I asked the PTB on the Ameraucana thread, I got my but chewed out by calling them Ameraucanas. They told me that these were EE's by the club standard. Which personally if the birds are pure Ameraucana diluted by the Lavender gene ( which is a known diluter) I would think you would still be able to call them Ameraucanas. JMO

What do you all think?

I have one of these and I think he's prettier than the correct silvers.​

Quote:
Ok but as it was stated the offspring are not a standard color so therefore they are considered EE's by the PTB.

I have referred to them as that & had my butt handed to me on a plate by the Ameraucana threaders. So I avoid them at all cost! lol

Quote:
I have one of these and I think he's prettier than the correct silvers.

Thanks I can't keep them fast enough, when someone comes to buy a bird they see them & go Gaga for them. I think they are stunning myself.

I didn't even know about the silver type true ameraucanas til this thread. One of my "ee"s perfectly matches the pics of the silver pullets. Perfectly. Slate legs and all.

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:

I have referred to them as that & had my butt handed to me on a plate by the Ameraucana threaders. So I avoid them at all cost! lol​

Yeah man, don't mess with the Americauna breeders, they're passionate! You can hide under my chair with me if you like.
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif

I'm now questioning my birds...

I have just gotten a group of 6 "PURE BLACK" Amaraucana pullets.
They are black from tip of the beak to end of the toe nail...

I put them in my pen and the 26 week old pure pullet.
Her comb and around her face is pink/red.... so is my existing pullet pure? or did I get jacked with one or the other?

Thanks
Patricia

ps. I got a "pure" blue that ended up having bronzed accent feathers! not to standard at all!!

Back
Top Bottom