what is the earliest age you got an egg?

My Australorp started to lay about a week before turning 6 months. My buff Orpington and Golden Laced Wyandotte both layed a few weeks after my Australorp started laying.

There was an entire thread devoted to earliest and latest lay age by breed, but I can't find it on search... Mine are all 18-20 weeks
and STILL not laying...

Well, I guess I have a long wait.
My Buff Orpingtons (spelling?) and Silver laced Wyndottes (again spelling?) are only 4 weeks old tomorrow.

It'll be snowing by then
hmm.png

Quote:
Thanks for that reminder. As excited as I am to start getting eggs I am more worried about them having problems down the line.

Hi All,

We estimate our RIR's to be 16 1/2 weeks right now and we just got our first egg July 5th. I was very surprised and didn't figure we'd get one until mid august. It's possible they're a week older than our estimate but that's it. 17 1/2 weeks max. Some had a tiny amount of feathers on their wing tips when we brought them home from the store. I put them at 3 weeks when we brought them home the 1st week of April. I guess they could have been 4 weeks when we brought them home and that makes them 17 1/2 weeks.

Kev & Jena

I don't remember exact number of weeks, but most of mine didn't start to lay until they were about 5 or 6 months old. Have one golden sex-link, and I think she laid pretty early, around 4 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom