What is the EARLIEST that your girls started laying.

Quote:
Wow. That is a freaking awesome explanation. I knew some of this but not to the depth you just explained it. Thanks! Glad I stumbled on your thread, epeloquin

Got a half dozen pullets march 2nd and one of mine started laying on tuesday not that big of eggs though but cool nonetheless!

My Golden Campine laid her first egg at 20 weeks. Following the next week were my GLW, Delaware, and EE, then within the next 3 weeks the other Delaware and the Welsummer at 26 weeks. My Partridge Rock hasn't laid an egg and she is 11 months old -- but she has reproductive problems discussed in the disease thread on a couple of occasions. She will probably never lay, but she is so sweet I can't put her down. I get 4-5 eggs most days. Occasionally I get 6. A week ago, I had 2 1-egg days.

Little gifts in the coop.

Last edited:
Mine are just over 4 mo and one laid sometime this week! I don't know who it was, but I think either one of the RSLs or a Wellie. We were out of town for the week and someone was tending to them for me daily, but they missed a small egg in the dirt under the littles' hutch, so I just found it today!

My Hamburgs are 21 weeks and 2 days. One has been squatting for a week and hanging out in the coop, the other is probably a few weeks off. The Barred Rocks are 20 weeks and 4 days, and while they're red, nobody is squatting yet. I think we're a few weeks off with them, too.

Back
Top Bottom