What is the farthest you have gotten shipped eggs?

It's definitely not the distance that messes up eggs. It's really more how long they are in the care of the P.O. that matters and how they are handled during that time. I've had folks in Washington, California and Oregon have good hatches from eggs when I used to ship them--IF they arrived in 2-3 days. If they took 5, which has happened, they didn't do as well.

Quote:
Wow that is awesome!

I just bought eggs from GA. They are supposed to ship today. Will keep you updated when I get them. I hope hope hope they get here in good condition. I really want ducks.

My first eggs came from California to Wisconsin. 9/13 hatched and were healthy, beautiful chicks. Two of the eggs had no development, and the other two were quitters around the middle of incubation.

Quote:
I do not think it is this I orded from kentucky and had a 65%+ hatch I ordered from ohio a coupla times 0% hatch same with jersey Md or west Va when I ordered from Ga Fla SC NC and AL I had 50%+ I think it is more about how the PO handles them/postal routes , not so much how the breeders ship / pack them . It is much like Atlantic city / Vegas with shipped eggs You Pays your money and takes your chances LOL when I either hatch my own or buy local eggs my hatch rate is 80% - 100% no post office is involved
lau.gif
lau.gif

That is what I meant by handling, the post office. And, yes, how they are packed definitely does have something to do with how they hatch.

Take a look:
7036_smashed_eggs_027.jpg

7036_smashed_eggs_060.jpg

7036_smashed_eggs_069.jpg

Quote:
I do not think it is this I orded from kentucky and had a 65%+ hatch I ordered from ohio a coupla times 0% hatch same with jersey Md or west Va when I ordered from Ga Fla SC NC and AL I had 50%+ I think it is more about how the PO handles them/postal routes , not so much how the breeders ship / pack them . It is much like Atlantic city / Vegas with shipped eggs You Pays your money and takes your chances LOL when I either hatch my own or buy local eggs my hatch rate is 80% - 100% no post office is involved
lau.gif
lau.gif

That is what I meant by handling, the post office. And, yes, how they are packed definitely does have something to do with how they hatch.

Take a look:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/7036_smashed_eggs_027.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/7036_smashed_eggs_060.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/7036_smashed_eggs_069.jpg

kina looks like the postal service usual high standards to me , that kina makes my point it did not matter how well the packer did on that box the PO destroyed it anyways LOL pay your money and take your chances LOL

Quote:
Living in miami and knowing Haitians very well, I bet they just eat the eggs.

thats strange the mission bought some of my most expensive eggs. and I donated 2 dozen extra Buckeyes, plymouth white rocks ameruacana and black austrlorps I hope 100 dollars worth of eggs was worth eating lol.
On a more serious note I sent them eggs in a project to help them create a sufficiant meat bird that yields eggs. I am working with the mission on this project so dont think there eating them..

Back
Top Bottom