What is the farthest you have gotten shipped eggs?

I bought a dozen eggs from Texas, and I live in Ohio. I had a 50% hatch, which I thought was pretty good considering that distance.....

From Texas to Michigan...13 eggs, 11 developed, 10 in lockdown (would have been 11 but human error) and 9 chicks. I thought that was pretty good...
smile.png

Last fall I had Oklahoma to Michigan...8 eggs, 8 hatched.

Quote:
ep.gif
Wow! Thats crazy? Did they hatch??

yup, not the best but they went through below 0 weather, if it wasn't that cold I think they would have done better, the box and eggs came through, but I think they froze

I havent gotten to many shipped eggs to me but my furthest to receive was from calafornia to PA I have however, shipped to every state except hawaii....yes even ALASKA! and some of my birds are now living in alaska having a good ol cold time. LOL

I live in the San Diego area and am incubating eggs from Washington state, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and New York, over 2,600 miles away. All of them seem to be doing OK, there were of course a few in each batch that were no good, but even the NY eggs are doing well. The sellers wrapped them up well, they all wrapped each egg individually in bubble wrap and then in a bag then in a larger box filled with packing material of some kind and shipped priority with the U.S. postal service. It is better to get eggs local from folks you know are taking good care of their flock, but if you can only find what you want online, I say go for it.

Quote:
I do not think it is this I orded from kentucky and had a 65%+ hatch I ordered from ohio a coupla times 0% hatch same with jersey Md or west Va when I ordered from Ga Fla SC NC and AL I had 50%+ I think it is more about how the PO handles them/postal routes , not so much how the breeders ship / pack them . It is much like Atlantic city / Vegas with shipped eggs You Pays your money and takes your chances LOL when I either hatch my own or buy local eggs my hatch rate is 80% - 100% no post office is involved
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom