What is the farthest you have gotten shipped eggs?

mallory2013

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Western WI
What have you people done to me?!?!?! I haven't even gotten mine chicks yet and I am already looking at hatching eggs to hatch for NEXT year!!!! Is this how the hoarding starts?
th.gif

Anyway, what is the farthest you have recieved shipped hatching eggs and still had a hatch? I was looking at some eggs that I really like from 1000 miles away and that seemed like quite a distance to travel and still have a relatively good hatch. Thanks so much!

I am in NM and have gotten Serama eggs from Florida. I hatched 11 out of 12 eggs. I have also gotten eggs from neighboring states that have not hatched at all.

I think it really has to do with how they are handled (and packed of course).

Deb

We have shipped to Nevada and they got 100% hatch rate-even the extras which is very rare on shipped eggs. Usually you get About 50% which is considered pretty good. We have hatched 75% from shipped eggs ourself. It is a gamble you have to be willing to take.

I just hatched eggs I got from Washington State. Washington to Maine... Can't get much farther than that.
18 Marans > 14 made it to lockdown > 9 hatched... Had a couple of other pips/semi-zips, but they tuckered out and stopped.
11 Welsummers > 10 made it to lockdown > 9 hatched...

62% hatch of eggs sent.
75% hatch of eggs that made lockdown.

I have eggs coming this week from California and Tennessee.

Steve

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom